Paoli Community Schools, under the leadership of Superintendent Casey Brewster and the Paoli Community School Board, are investing in your child’s future through emphasis on technology.
At the beginning of this school year, students in grades 9-12 received 1-1 electronic devices to use at school and home for learning. January 5, 2015 is set for students in grades 6-8 to receive their 1-1 electronic devices.
What does 1-1 mean? It means that every student will have his/her own device to access websites and unlimited resources on the internet. The 2015-2016 school year will provide the remainder of elementary students with 1-1 devices. In August 2015, Paoli schools will roll-out these devices to grades 3-5. January 2016 is the anticipated date for primary students to receive 1-1 devices.
The Google Chromebook is the device of choice for students in grades 6-12. Decisions are still being made for devices that best fit the needs of students in younger grades.
What does this mean for the future, and how will Paoli schools be “Future Ready?” The school board has committed to the following endeavors:
- Work collaboratively to transform teaching and learning using technology
- Provide supportive technology infrastructure for wireless access
- Provide teachers training to effectively leverage learning data to drive instruction
- Provide professional development for teachers to utilize effect strategies and incorporate technology into the classroom instruction
- Provide students with regular access to devices for learning so students can be active learners
- Expand access to college, career, and citizenship opportunities
This is a very exciting time for students, parents, and educators. In this time of change, we all realize that there are many new things to learn, a time to build confidence, and a time to make adjustments. All of these things will happen and Paoli students will be “Future Ready.”